Tuesday 14 June 2011

Hair show - 13th June 2011

My sister, at coventry city college had to arrange a short catwalk piece for her final assessment. As did all of the other hair dressing level three students and so it was turned into a big hair show with dancers and everything. They even had the local press there so any images of our group that appears in the papers etc will be posted here to.

On the whole it ran very smoothly though I do have to remark that on the tutor's part they did not handle it either proffesionally or efficently, I edited the song for our catwalk and they destroyed it, made it shorter and further more, every other group got to rehearse except ours. Thankfully myself and one of our other models, Corey had done catwalks before and so knew what to do (we were the only proffesional models in the entire show)... we hadn't even heard how the college had changed our music until we were on stage.... the college did mess with anyone else's and their acts were much longer.. nevermind.. we stuck out quite a bit. Note... our act was 'Candy'

So after me and corey staying up all night finishing sewing the costumes and props together it went really well and I want to thank all our models, on behalf of my sister for doing so well and overcoming all their stage nerves and fright and doing such a fantastic job.. you all look and acted amazing.

We are uploading a video of the entire show... including our act and I will post it on here.. in the mean time here is some backstage shots of our group. Note that the first image here also has the Original song that we were going to use (before they cut it down)



 Five out of six of our group ... ie 4/5 models and my sister. Left to right we have Willy wonka - ie corey. Lollipop - Racheal. My sister ^^ who created the act and the hair stylist .. though I made my own wig anyway haha. Sweets and candy - Amy. Candyfloss - Myself



 This is our other model and portraying Chocolate - Jodie... she did a great job considering she hadn't been able to make any rehearsals and had to improvise her bit.. well done.




And here is us all backstage with the song included...

I think I will use the outfit for a burlesque act, it is just so cute and pink oddly suits me... so yea. Will be posting video and more images from the show soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment