Friday 3 June 2011

Not all gold and glamour ... Safety First!!

To take this free time I have and not write something would be silly.. I have a few shoots booked in the next few weeks including a book that I am doing in Switzerland... looking forward to that. But I am going to address a few safety issues I have always been aware of through common sense but then some people can't see things the way I do... its not always at the forethought of ones mind.

When it comes to shoots... make sure that if you do any the tog is reputable... don't want to do anything you might regret this is very important if you do work like I do.. ie BDSM, S&M, Fetish and Nude work... sometimes especially as I do a lot of suspension work which means that I have to be able to trust the rigger and the photographer as half the time I am tied up and or gaged. Anything could happen, remember that. Always look at reviews!!!

Also note that the photographer holds copyright of the images unless stated in the model release form... take note of these and read them carefully. If you decide that you did a shoot you regret.. ie artistic nude or adult and you want the images removed you could ask the tog NICELY but then there is a chance that he will say tough... put the images up anyway and you can't do anything about it.

Please be careful, especially on shoots, take a chaperone with you if you need to but ask the photographer first and never take your boyfriend... they can get angry and violent. If they do any physical damage to the equipment or the photographer you are both liable and you may find your reputation is somewhat depleted afterwards. Take consideration for the photographers, don't mess them around. I hate no shows without a reason and so do they... only sign up for a shoot if you intend to go and don't back out without letting the tog no a good week or in the least few days beforehand. Not the day of the shoot when you are supposed to be at the studio! I understand that emergencies happen and I have had to last minute cancel due to this, always be polite when explaining your circumstances...they may understand and they may not.

Key words.. be careful and check references well before using a photographer, talk to other people who have worked with them if need be. Research is the key to safety here.

No comments:

Post a Comment